Wow, we are humbled and grateful! Slow Food Indy has donned the kind honor of the Snail of Approval upon Duos. We are most grateful for the recognition and consider ourselves so very fortunate to be among a group of conscientious and creative restaurants. Slow Food Indy is a non profit whose goal is the promotion of "good, clean and fair food". Nominees are queried about a number of practices that are required for inclusion: use of as much local ingredients as possible, seasonality, composting and recycling efforts, green packaging alternatives, does the business support and participate in community efforts, and does their marketing communicate and share these principals. This approach is at the core of our work.
We are proud as punch to offer real food at a reasonable price. It is in our bones, our history from way, way long ago. When looking at fast food establishments, the average cost of a sandwich between 3 places is 5.67 for a sandwich (true!). You guys have chosen to enjoy a meal that is comparable in price but made on local bread, with lettuce and tomatoes from our neighbors... We will always, always try to do better, learn and grow. Right now, we are grateful.
Duos Mobile is out 3 days this week:
- Wednesday, September 17th were are at Intech Clustertruck with a number of our IFTA friends. We'll be there from 11-1:30 6550 Telecom Dr. in front of building 2.
- Thursday, September 18th at Indianapolis Art Center, 820 E 67th St 11-1:30
- Thursday Night, Third Thursday Social: Food Truck Mixer .From 6-8pm, Duos Indy, Scratchtruck, Citizen Hash, Bark Truck & Scout's Treat Truck will be parked in front of Canterbury Park, Carvel street between 56th St and Crawford
At Eskenazi Health and Duos Kitchen we have added some new dishes!
- BBQ Tempeh Sandwich
- Aleppo Pepper Pork Sandwich with Arugula and Fennel Slaw
- Shaved Brussel Sprout and Kale Salad with Toasted Almond, Romano, and Shallot Vinaigrette
- Tres Leches Cake
- Sneaky Surprises