Hello Dear Friends:
My Father loved to cook. He had a knack for it. He had skills. He also loved to collect kitchen gadgets. A lot of them: Mongolian hot pots, bamboo steamers, German Rice Ring, Chinese clay pots. Then he had the arsenal of electric kitchen implements: Cuisinart, electric knife, dehydrator, rice cooker. He always bought one of whatever the current tool he fancied at the time, for me. A natural inclination since I was the chef in the brood. Most often the objects would end up in a yard sale. But not the emulsion wand.
Guys, if you haven't acquired an emulsion wand, I urge you to do so. Versatile, easy, practical, cheap and not taking up too much room, it is an excellent gadget to have. You can whiz dressings, soups, deviled eggs, guacamole. Get one that has the end detachable (easier to clean). I use a Braun. It cost about $20. Just sayin.
In addition to singing the praises for my Father & the immersion blender, I also want to honor our local suppliers: Big City, Fischer Farms, Harvestland, Van Antwerp, Richert/Philips, Jerry Lambright, Cottage Home Community Gardens, Waterman"s and Indy Family Farms and our own, tiny Duos Garden!
Now - for our current sandwich specials at The Kitchen & Eskenazi Health:
- The Summer Fresh: mozzarella, local basil pesto, toasted almond, Indiana tomatoes, local arugula, house pickled onion
- 3 Hots and Sweets BBQ Chicken
And at just The Kitchen:
- Smokey Summer Vegetable Frittata
- Chicken Scalloppini
- Tofu Cacciatore and Fragrant Rice (GF/Vegan option)
- Macaroni and Cheese with Local Tomato and Bread Crumbs (we are now adding Indiana Fair Oaks Farm Smoked Gouda!)
- Oven Fried Chicken
- Southwest Corn Cakes with Cilantro Cream
- Special Salad: Local Greens, Chioggia Beets, Goat Cheese, Walnut and Herb Vinaigrette (GF)
- Fragrant Persian Rice Stuffed Zucchini with Pistachios, Chick Peas and Goat Cheese (Vegan option/GF)
- Mid week look for Ethiopian Beef Tips
- Sweet: Coconut Cake
With much felicity, gratitude and copious amounts of love,
Becky, John, David et al